Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Lexus RC F: Feel the Freedom, Live the Luxury


Lexus is a brand known for redefining luxury. For one of the most high-performing luxury cars, it is amazingly reliable. “Toyota Motor Corporation is currently the largest car manufacturer in the world, producing over 10 million vehicles annually. The company was founded in 1937 by Kiichiro Toyoda and rocketed during the 1970’s oil crisis. With oil prices going sky high, the huge US market required inexpensive economical cars to replace their bulky sedans, mainly powered by V8 engines. That was a turning point for Toyota which gained the reputation of producing cheap and reliable cars. Responding to US import taxes, the Japanese company built the first plant in North America at the beginning of the 1980’s. Later on they launched a new luxury brand Lexus.”  http://www.car-brand-names.com/japanese-car-brands/ Lexus has come a long way in terms of style. “Lexus launched [in 1989] with two sedans, the LS 400 and ES 250, and a commitment to pursue perfection.” http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/history+lexus.htm My roommate has a 1991 Lexus LS400 in great condition that he uses regularly. Toyota engines are said to run forever if given proper care. The reason I love the new Lexus RC F is because of the body design, the “mean looking” grille, and the fact that it beats a 2016 BMW M4 on the track. “The RC F takes everything—head-rush acceleration, minimized body roll, dizzying lateral g loads—to an entirely different level,” from an article in Autoweek, 2015 http://www.lexusoflasvegas.com/RCF?&pdsrch=sem_google_lexus%20rcf_p_168331641818 I’ve done a lot of research on this car because I’m saving up to buy one! How I fell in love is actually an interesting story. I consider myself a passive aggressive driver, growing up in Chicago where drivers learn how to drive defensively but aggressively. I’m also always running late, so traffic is my nemesis. I was racing the clock to get to work, when out of nowhere this flash of blue flew by me. Sometimes I forget that I’m not on my Suzuki GSX-R and only in my Honda Civic, however I sped up to catch up to my offender. As I approached this beautiful blue car, I couldn’t help but admire the sleek, yet aggressive body style, the sexy alloy wheels, the “F” badge. I literally followed that car around for a few miles, sacrificed being late to work, just to appreciate the style and performance of this car. Why I came up with the slogan for this car “Feel the Freedom, Live the Luxury.” Freedom is feeling 467 horsepower imprint your body into the seat, defying gravity, making you feel like you can take off in flight. Lexus is a label known for its luxury vehicles. Blending luxury with pure adrenalin, to me, reinvents freedom. It's like having your cake and eating it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment